Privacy is incredibly important to StatusPath, and we work to ensure an experience that makes our users happy and comfortable. Here is a high-level description of our Service and how it works:
- Each company has its own sub-domain on the Service (i.e. “yourcompany.statuspath.com”) that will serve as the online location for a user’s access to the Service.
- When a user sets up a company in the service, that user becomes the company administrator and determines who can join that company’s license and become a member of the company.
- The members of a company who share status reports can view one another’s avatar, name, and title. Members within a company can see other member’s User Content ONLY if both members belong to a “team” status report.
- As User Content within the Service is grouped by company, no user outside of your company members can access any of your data.
- We will not share your Personal Information with advertisers. We use your Personal Information to provide the Service and make sure that your User Content is appropriately protected.
- When you upload User Content or create an account and give us Personal Information, we provide secure transmission of said User Content and Personal Information by using SSL and HTTPS.
- You own your Personal Information and User Content.
The Collection and Use of Your Information
Website Usage information
When you visit our website at www.statuspath.com or any variations or subdomains, we collect information on the website visit and usage. The information we collect includes the day you visited, which pages you visited, the amount of time you spend on our pages, your IP address, the referring site (if any) that sent you to our website, the type of browser you use to visit the website, and more. We use this information to continually improve www.statuspath.com’s content and user experience so that we can better serve all users. We may collect your website usage date by using cookies, analytics software, and our own servers.
- Cookies. We will use session cookies to maintain information about you to better deliver the Service. Most web browsers allow you to be notified when a cookie is sent to your computer, and you may elect to refuse that cookie, but doing so might negatively impact the performance of the Service. We also use persistent cookies when our users ask the Service to “Remember Me” during the sign in process, thus allowing the user to return to the Service in the future without logging in again for a period of time.
- Analytics Software. We have integrated analytics software into our code that tracks and records website usage information.
- Our Servers. Our own web serves maintain logs that can deliver us information about you and your usage of website as discussed above.
All information about your usage of the site might be connected to your Personal Information to help us better serve you and improve the Service to you.
Information You Provide Us
When you use the Service, you will be providing us information at times, such as when you create your Account and when you use the Service to update your status for a given status report. Here is a list of the content you may elect to provide StatusPath and how we use that content.
- Personal Information. When you create an Account with us, you will provide us your email address, first and last names, title, an avatar, company name, and a password. The Personal Information is owned by you, and it is used to access the Service via our sign in process that requires email and password. Personal Information is also used to represent you inside the service as a member of your company, such that other members belonging to the same status reports can identify you.
- User Content. If you report status updates to a status report, you will be electing to create, update, and publish data and other materials like attachments into the Service. This User Content will be accessible to you and other users on your company license who have viewing privileges for your status updates.
- Contact Us and Feedback. You may elect to provide us with information about yourself if you send us an email or contact us through www.statuspath.com, and we might store that information to help us continue to improve our system. We also ask users for feedback on the Service and our website, and that feedback is used by us to improve the Service.
All of the information you provide us might be connected to your Personal Information to help us better serve you and improve the Service to you.
How We Use Your Information
We will use your website usage data, Personal Information, and User Content to deliver you the Services. We will continue to measure your information, both individually and in aggregate with other user’s information, to improve the Service.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We might use third-party providers to contribute to the delivery of the Service, and as such we may share your web usage information, Personal Information, and User Content with those third-parties. These third-parties are contractually prohibited from using your information for anything other than providing the Service or to complying with legal requirements.
We may disclose your website usage, Personal Information, or User Content if we are required to do so by lay or subpoena or if we feel such action is necessary.
We may disclose non-personally identifiable aggregate statistics using website usage information, Personal Information, and User Content to describe, for example, usage trends or patterns across demographics for marketing, education, or other promotional purposes.
Consent to Worldwide Transfer and Processing of Personal Data
Your Access and Editing Rights
You elect whether or not to provide Personal Information or User Content to StatusPath, and you understand that if you don’t provide requested information the Service might not work properly. You can access and edit Personal Information and User Content by logging into the StatusPath Service. If you would like to delete your information, you can contact us and we will respond to your inquiry within 30 days.
Privacy of Minors
This Website is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on our Website. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on our Website, we will delete the information from our records.
While StatusPath endeavors to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information and User Content provided to this Website, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. As such, you should be aware that transmissions of your content might be viewed by unauthorized parties. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission of your Personal Information or User Content.
If we believe your Personal Information or User Content has been compromised by a third-party, we may correspond such suspicion to you using the email you provided us along with your Personal Information.